Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Dollar Wreath

As you know... one of my hundreds of fav things, or things I love is. . . Pinterest.

There has been posts of these simply adorable wreaths made out of Christmas Tree ornaments. The best part is the original poster said they got the bulbs... at least 100 at the $1 store. So, I of course had to attempt this. Here are my supplies.... not quite 100 ornaments ($8 worth.... small package had 15 each, large package had 7) , glue gun and a simple wire hanger.

I created my shape and started adding the bulbs. Turned on my low temp glue gun and started gluing. I even added a 9 package of jingle bells.



Here is the finished project.


It could use a few more ornaments. Can you believe that?? But for a first run.... I think it turned out great. The test of time... needs more glue in... spots. I heard the bells jingle a bit when the house was quiet. The bulbs were finding gravity! I love a good challenge!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin