Monday, November 07, 2011

Emboss it!

I went to my local SBS.... scrap book store and got %20 off on two new embossing folders. I was there making 3 for $3, but actually this week it was 4 for $4. Making cards for $1 each... just such a fun thing for a card maker.

Here's one of the embossers in action. If you buy products that they demonstrate you get the discount. Everybody loves a deal!! I love that the folder leaves a clean space for you to stamp a sentiment or create embellished areas. The embossed part is in the shape of heart, you can't see it here...maybe next time I will leave the entire image and then ink it to to give this type of card a different effect. I used an actual 3" doily from the candy/cake making area, cut that up and extended the swirly stuff used for this card.

I'm loving these layered circles for flowers. The flatter embellishments seem to mail better. I still like making multi-dimensional flowers, but think it's so cool to manipulate flat paper and make all these pretty 'lil things.


Not only am I thief (I scrap LIFT ideas) but I'm also a liar. I'll tell you my secret. For over 5 years entering blog posts, you got what you got when I posted. If I was typing at 7:22 am or 1:05 pm that's when I was actually typing. But now, crazy as it might sound to any smart bloggers out there, I figured out how to use the Post Options key and I've actually (only this past week) been typing the post a day ahead and letting it post at a pre-scheduled time. I'm actually sleeping when most of the posts actually go 'live' on my blog. There, I feel so much better. Some days I may be (a) live.... but now you'll never know!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Oh what a fun card! Sounds like a fun time! We have no more local scrap or stamp places :(

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin