Monday, June 17, 2013

Float Like a Butterfly

Happiness is a butterfly, which when pursued, is always just beyond your grasp, but which if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you
 ~ Nathanial Hawthorne
Week #25 - LIFE'S simple pleasures - bugs

It's the middle of June!

We are almost to the half-way point of the year. 

There are so many different topics to explore for LIFE'S simple pleasures.  Unfortunately when I first started thinking of this new week, I just wasn't quite feeling it ... but the more I thought about it, I decided and was determined that even some of the tiniest things can brighten our day, even if it's a bug!

Lot's of bugs may be annoying and ugly, they may even be gross and disgusting.  But one thing is for sure, they serve a purpose in our circle of life.


Butterflies have been one of my go to images in my creative greetings. (FYI I'm a small business that creates unique greeting cards, they are inexpensive and will surely BRIGHTEN SOMEONE'S DAY, I'd love to create something for you!!!)  I think they represent beauty, calmness and freedom.  Throughout history they are often portrayed as symbols of transformation and growth.

There are over 24,000 species of butterflies and they are not to be confused with the over 140,000 species of moths.  Butterflies have large often brightly colored wings and a conspicuous fluttering flight, they are considered a day flying insect.
Butterflies can't see their wings. They can't see how truly beautiful they are, but everyone else can. People are like that as well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin