Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Just a swingin'

The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a front porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation you ever had.
My front porch is my window to the world!

Just out front...I have seen kaleidoscope rainbows and magnificent lightning shows.  I've seen snow plows pushing 1 foot of slush up the road and I've seen backed up traffic re-routed idling impatiently on a Friday night. I've seen all kinds of friendly dogs and a family of 3 deer sprinting across to get to the woods.  I have seen at least 3 sets of twin babies being strolled and tattooed smoking skateboarders.... big wheels rumbling to motorized scooters humming. Every day I see airplanes as we are in the landing pattern to the busiest airport (O'Hare).  There is our neighborhood hawk who soars above the roof tops. Hot air balloons? Seen them too!
So many of this year's LIFE'S simple pleasures can be enjoyed off my front porch.  I hope you have the chance to enjoy some of these too!

The front porch is a great place to relax and enjoy a nice cold drink.

The front porch is a great place to show your patriotism by flying the American Flag.

The front porch is a great place to read a book.
There is a major rainstorm brewing... should I sit on the front porch and watch mother natures fury? Will I be safe from the storm as I swing?

The FRONT Porch is a great name for... a diverse and eclectic gift shop, a restaurant... cafe... bar... tea room, a literary journal (Porch Posts), a bluegrass band, a furniture repair, and  an Inn.

When you are out and about... see who might be enjoying their own front porch, one of LIFE'S simple pleasures!




No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin