Thursday, June 06, 2013

Roses Smell

Life moves pretty fast.  You don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. ~ Ferris Bueller
As with many of my LIFE'S simple pleasures, sometimes, you have to go out of your way to find them.  But they are there! 
 
Why do we have to be reminded to: enjoy the little things, slow down, some of the sweetest things in life are free.... count your many blessings every day.
 
Could you describe what a rose smells like?  Or is it better to describe the feeling you get when you smell a rose?
 
A rose by any other name would smell as sweet ~ Shakespeare
 
 
I think you can celebrate small victories every day!  I think actually smelling a rose is a great sensory gift!   Many memories are triggered by scents,  they have stronger emotional connections than those memories triggered by other senses.  According to one source, there are over 150 different species of roses.  A rose have a very rich and warm smell and the fragrance can very from each flower in it's strength and tone.
 
When you walk into a room 'filled with flowers' or even a tiny pretty rose bouquet, doesn't the smell fill your senses? I just cut a few stems from one of our blooming lilac bushes and instantly it turned my kitchen into a sensory wonderland.
 
We can complain because roses bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses ~
Abraham Lincoln
 
Which is going to be??
 
I commented recently on a post and noted that I am a product of the 80s and I admit that when I didn't know the lyrics to a song that was playing on my am radio, I made up words.  I'm not to far off from the actual lyrics to the song Lady by the Little River Band.. I like to sing....
 
 "Look around you, look and see, take time to make time, take time to be there...."
 
Take time to stop and  look around, make time to smell the roses and actually be there in that moment!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin