Wednesday, May 26, 2010

If you believe my tweet, I have a bridge to sell ya!

So many projects, so little time.  Over at the House of Shine (formerly Highlowaha) I have been working on some things... some secret, some not... eventually they are hoping that some of my creative greetings!! can go in their on line awning shop and so those interested in being involved in the Yellow Envelope Project can purchase my cards for that, and/or actually any occasion.  Here is one of the cards, sticking along the yellow theme!  Because you SHINE much better with yellow and orange tones, don't you think??
I'm also working on the mural for the pre-school.  I've brought my supplies in from the garage and am painting on the ping pong table in the basement. Much cooler down there!  I'm just waiting for my styrofoam cutter to come in the mail and that project is almost done.  Pictures to come... some day.  I also notice in my files I have pictures of my garden from the front yard I haven't posted yet, pictures of Bubba's million dollar smile and a few other secret projects.  Today is the high schools last official day before finals.... so I've got to do some secret shopping before the kids are with me 24/7!
Up close and personal, the Brooklyn Bridge! You learn so much when you take a tour, the guide gives out facts, fast and mostly with a Brooklyn (so I think) accent.  The year built, who built it, one of the first suspension bridges.  It is magnificent and huge and all built before 1900.... what technology for those times!! Our tour guide Mindy and bus driver Russell, who of course are in the service industry and work for tips... stopped on the side of  one of the roads below the bridge and near the East River.... it was a bright and beautiful afternoon for a tour of Manhattan.
so I took a picture of our shadows from atop the double decker bus, so you can pick us out, DH is waving! Silly me, I had no idea that Manhattan was literally an island.  I mean I figured Long Island was an island... but didn't know New York City was an island.... all the bridges and ferries. Amazing!  I loved the tours!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin