Thursday, May 27, 2010

Top of the Rock

We did a lot that first day in NYC.  We even went to the top of the Rock.  When did it change?  I mean I thought it was always called Rockefeller Center, I know they have to change the marketing ideas.  We walked all the way around the center, where they skate in the winter time, where the Christmas (or is it the Holiday) tree is lit, where the Today show films, SNL etc.... Lots of people, lots of flags, lots of tourists, and lots of police!!!  I will probably have to check DH's pics to see if we got any night time views.  The city of lights, the city that never sleeps....We went to the top at 10:20pm.  It was strange, lines of people waiting to go in, but then there were others just walking into the building.  We didn't want to cut and seem rude... but found out it was a tour group waiting for their time to go up! DH and I both have a very different perspective of the city now that we actually now what the New York newscasters are talking about!!
And if that was the top of the Rock, then the top dog of your family would be Pops, here is a male-ish card for father's day. A slider card, You are Special.  This was the card I sent out to 3 of my peeps who are part of the COTM (card of the month club)  I felt the deep colors and the star were more masculine!!

Today is the beginning of finals for high school.  The kids are still home, waiting for their scheduled exams.  Summer is about to begin!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin