Friday, May 28, 2010

Statue of Liberty

Hard to believe, but a week ago at this time we were climbing the stairs to the base of the Statue of Liberty in New York.  My picture looks like a postcard, but I think any picture, anyone takes, would look like an awesome postcard!  What a beautiful lady, rich with history and charm .... how many people have seen her from this view?  Through the walking tour you get to use a head phone sound system that you press to hear in each separate area of the tour.  It was interesting to see the middle school boys just rush through the historical area to get to the 'good' part and climb the stairs.
Another pretty picture is a view looking at my porch and the fuscias I'm trying not to kill.  I want to be a hanging plant person, but I'm just like that commercial on tv.... water too much?  don't water enough?  root rot??? Positive, positive vibes, here's to healthy living and healthy plants!!!

Yikes, the kids are home from their 2nd to last day of finals.... so much to do all of sudden!!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Breath-taking photos! What a great way to kick of this Memorial Weekend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin