Monday, June 21, 2010

Back in Illinois

Weather culture shock!!!  I was almost getting used to the high heat and humidity of Orlando Florida, when you are there for six days.... and then fly back to the beautiful midwest of right now 64 and overcast with a chance of rain.  But it is good to be home.  I need to get back into my routine, my blogs, my peeps, my cards, my gardens, my cleaning and cooking, my DOGGIES!!!!.....so much to do, where to start?
Volleyball took on a very intersting year this season.  I for one, am happy it is over.  Sissy's team was seated or seeded? 73rd going into the tournament over 110+ teams in their bracket... they ended up at 69th.... glass half full... that IS better.... but was it worth the drama and cost?? But without experience, how do we become better and more knowledgeable?
 ho hum... on to my cards. :)

A couple weeks a go I went to stamp camp and made 5 cards.  Here are two, the first Happy Anniversary with the two toned bird.  I love that punch.  My stamp camp leader (hee hee) is no longer a SU! demo, but she had so much product and loves to have the girls over to make things for a small fee, so here is card 1.
  And then we made this cute birthday card.  MK likes to buy crafty stuff to see how it is made and sometimes takes it apart to use the pieces.  The paper for the dragonfly card is water color paper from a scrap book that she wasn't going to use, but she liked the paper, perfect for creating an image, using a little water to smudge up the water color pencil lines we added to the stamped image, and wa la!!!  A card with a water color effect, but very subtle.
I'm off to wak the dogs before it rains!!!
Happy to be home!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Welcome home! Stamp club sounds like a lot of fun! Cute cards! You have been one busy lady!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin