Friday, September 09, 2011

Fall Junque

With cooler night time temps, the beginning of school and a Packer's football opener Win, I can't help but want to bring out some of my fall decorations.

I don't have as much as I thought I did. Which is in a way, a good thing.... less 'junque'. (Doesn't junque spelled that way make it 'seem' more elegant that the crap it really is?) But now that I'm a huge fan of Pinterest, I have been spotting some new ideas, so this may just be the beginning of my front porch fall make-over.

I made this wreath a few years ago. Did I tell you I have a certificate in Floral Design? Don't know if I actually have the certificate, but before Bubba was born, I went to MATC.... Milwaukee Area Technical College and took two sessions on Floral Design... who da thunk? I loved going to class!

I priced a completed wreath like this at Hobby Lobby and it was over $100. Supplies probably cost me $30 (everything always purchased when it's 40% or more off regular retail price). I added the thick cardboard R.... it was just plain craft color, but I should have painted it black, but instead, glued black cardstock to the front, tried to ink the edges. On Pinterest I saw a cute wreath similar, with the family monogram on it.... I think it adds the perfect touch... and makes it 'new' and improved for 2011.


Don't believe everything you think!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin