Monday, September 26, 2011

This and That

I need a small intervention of some sort.  As some of you may know, I've been trying to start a faux campaign to send MORE FuN MaiL.... and by what I mean by faux (fake) is, I guess in my little creative mind.... it's not that I'm really doing anything other than saying it... but the 2 boxes in the picture plus the small packages on top is my start to the revolution, of people getting FuN MaiL


Who doesn't like to get something... just because!??!  Everybody wants people to think of them... in bad times and good!!  When they are feeling blue or on top of the world!!! 

In Bubba's box were actually underwear and sox! hee hee But the first words out of his mouth when we skyped this week was... why did I send the puzzle pieces loose in the box and it wasn't a complete puzzle!  Argh!!  I'm just tossing fun (well at least fun things I thought) into a care package to my college freshman son... and instead of thanks for getting me 3 NEW boxers, thanks for sending the soxs I requested, thanks for the snacks of pudding, Ramen noodles, tootsie rolls, a rain poncho, Swedish fish, a pencil holder for his desk, some popcorn and a copy of the local sports section....it's "why the puzzle pieces". Isn't life sort of a puzzle? Odds and ends? This and that?

On 'some' of the puzzle pieces I wrote words of inspirations and fun!  Smile, give someone a hug, call your mom, be a leader, laugh out loud.....but 'why' only 'some' of the puzzle pieces..... I don't know, maybe the pieces will all fit together in another package of fun mail!!! Stay tuned!
 $.16 cents,  plus gas, time, effort..... coasters. That is what the picture above cost! I was walking around Home Depot to find things for crafting...The trick is enjoy life, don't wish away your days waiting for better ones ahead.... this might be as good as it gets for me..... Mod Podge gluing napkins on top of 4"x4" bathroom tiles that cost .16c ... and then spraying a coat of finish over the top!
I was also looking for 1" washers to make into pendents, to create a beading dangle to hang off of gifts or mini scrapbooks.  Washers were .11c each.  That is my kind of deal.  If you look close you see that the washer is Mod Podged with paper, and then I looped a little more expensive silver bead or other cheap beads to make the unique dangle! All fun things I saw somewhere else, and just had to give it a try!

Maybe next time I should just send a puzzle and nothing else.  Take that!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your post totally made me smile today! Life is like a puzzle that is for sure! I think only a puzzle next time would be good for him *wink*

Fun washer necklaces.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin