Thursday, September 12, 2013

Say Cheese!

It's easy to make a buck.  It's a lot tougher to make a difference - Tom Brokaw

Week #37 LIFE'S simple pleasures - being a volunteer

It's really tough to make a difference!

Replace fear of the unknown with curiosity!
If you puruse through my blog, you will see a lot of pictures.  My pictures aren't always about the people in my LIFE but more so about the adventures that happen along my journey in LIFE.
 
I've said it many times ...and I will probably say it 10 times more... but I am still in awe about technology with digital cameras and social media on personal computers and iphones. 
 
I think about all the pictures that 'could have been'....
 
Never regret anything that has happened in your life, it cannot be changed, undone or forgotten, so take it as a lesson learned and move on.
 
I don't think I'm a great photographer, but I think I'm pretty good! 
 
Sometimes I can't believe that most of my pictures from the last year were all taken with my phone (my smart phone)  ... who would have thunk 30 years ago when I was in a dark room in my college days developing my camera film in chemicals and waiting for the prints to dry.... that I could capture a moment in LIFE and see it instantly on a little screen with my phone and then be able to send it world wide via the internet in a matter of seconds!!!
 
 
I want to learn more about all of this. 
 
Every day I try to be creative and I search for new ways to design an idea, take pictures, capture a moment and find some of LIFE'S simple pleasures to enjoy and share.
 
I had the opportunity a few years ago to volunteer my services.  By searching online through my local community volunteer website, I found something of interest... something that I could possibly do.   
 
The ad read: Elderly gentleman in a wheel chair seeking a photographer to take pictures of his artwork and provide him with a disk of the photos for computer use.
 
I thought about it for a bit and then I applied.  I actually had to go through a few steps before I ever spoke to the gentleman.  They had to do a background check on me.  I had no problem with that. By the way.... I cleared!
 
So, after a few conversations over a couple of months with the gentleman on the phone, the photo shoot never came to fruition.  There is more to that story .... but for now, I will just say, once again sometimes volunteering is an altruistic activity.
I'm just happy that on a daily basis...I get to do what I truly love,  I get to create something!  And some day, when the time is right... one act of kindness could change a person's outlook on LIFE forever!
 
Are you able to volunteer?  Have you had positive experiences?  Or, have some of your efforts not really made a difference?
 
In the meantime, I will keep thinking... Somewhere, someone is looking for exactly what I have to offer!
 
Today.... I will go and Brighten Somone's Day... with some FuN MaiL!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin