Wednesday, October 23, 2013

A Formula for Living

Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain...

Victorian Country Inn - Missouri
 
It's not that it's the 'wrong' day, but writing this post on one of our most beautiful mornings in the past -10 days seems a bit off.  Today, it's sunshine and blue skies.  Unfortunately, fall has really hit the midwest and most of the past week I woke up to more than a little frost on the pumpkin.  If it was warm enough, I 'could have' woken up to the rhythm of the falling rain on our roof on about 5 dreary days!

Have you ever just layed in bed listening to the rain?  Or maybe a rolling thunder storm off in the distance? Or the birds chirping in the spring time? This true and simple phenomenon can occur, especially on a day you don't have to get up and be somewhere, it's a simple pleasure to wiggle a little deeper under the blankets and be calm, as nature runs it's course just outside the windows.

Week #43 LIFE'S simple pleasures - my bed

I'm finding it most fascinating that with my iphone I can take pictures anywhere in my journey in LIFE.  And then because I want to, I can sit down at my computer and write a silly story about my adventures.  And some people.... anywhere in the world can see what I'm doing.

I'm trying to highlight the simple pleasures in LIFE.

That with a busy world, we have a tendency to forget some of the simple things can truly make the 'struggle' a little more pleasurable.

Just like taking time to smell the flowers ... it's about time!  Taking time to wake up in the morning and be thankful we made it another day, pull up the covers a bit and listen to rain, or the peace and quiet before the start of another busy day.

My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. ~ Cary Grant

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin