Monday, October 21, 2013

Everybody is looking for This

DREAMS~
... are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you. ~ Marsha Norman


Week #43 LIFE'S simple pleasures - my bed

I don't want to get too personal here, but is your bed a place you like to visit?

Doing some of my research for this weeks' blog post I found numerous article's titled: 75 simple pleasures to brighten your day, 30 most satisfying simple pleasures Life has to offer, and 101 simple pleasures to boost happiness.

By the end of the year I will be able to write a {book} an article.... In search of LIFE'S simple pleasures 52 weeks of 2013.

In many of the articles when authors were listing their simple pleasures, they often mention a comfortable bed.  Of course I also found contraditions:  simple pleasures hold universal appeal vs of course simple pleasures aren't universal, they wont bring the same boost of happiness to everyone.

I think our beds are a simple pleasure for many reasons.

Does your bed have a frame?  Is there a headboard... and a foot board? Do you like a lot of pillows for decoration or just one and only to lay your head down?  What's the thread count of your sheets or do you have a 'real' down comforter?  Maybe its flannel sheets and a blanket or maybe nothing?

One of the times we really think about our bed is when we are sleeping away from home on some other bed.

How can you have sweet dreams??? Maybe by flipping your pillow over to the cool side!

Today, I realized that the word 'bed' actually looks like a bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin