Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Don't Be a Heel



I would hate for someone to look at my shoes and say, 'Oh my God, they look so comfortable.'

So, are you ready to take on the challenge?

Week #41 LIFE'S simple pleasure - shoes

SHOES: item of foot wear intended to protect the human foot, while doing various activities.

SHOES: meant to enhance your outfit or help you to compliment a costume!!  Ha Ha


I don't wear any of the above shoes anymore, but I did.... once.

Why I still have them? Because they bring back fun memories!

 
Sadly, I can no longer fit into these cowboy boots.  I think I bought them in the early eighties when country was cool.  They are a size 7 (pre-babies).  They are so back in fashion right now!! Both kids actually wore these at part of cowboy outfits for school dress up.


 
I still love these shoes.  They fit!  I feel tall in them.  But, they are actually part of my hippie costume.  I have really big bell bottom pants and I bought them at Goodwill years ago to help make my costume complete!
 
 
LIFE imitating art.  Costume shoes once again.  They are also pre-baby and I believe purchased at Kohl's. And by me saying pre-baby, that's more than 20 years ago and 2 kids later.... my feet actually flattened out and became a size larger after the kids were born.  These shoes were part of my Theatre Guild costume for the play 'I Hate Hamlet'.  I was some funky girlfriend in the play wearing a long skirt, puffy shirt and crochet vest.  Look like shoes from the twenties, but then got popular again in the late '80s.
 
 
The higher the heel, the closer to heaven!
 
These still have the Goodwill sticker on them.  And for the life of me.... I can not remember what they were for.  I probably had some formal event needing dressy black shoes... and why not spend $3.99 for a pair of shoes to wear once and look all fancy?
 
Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world ~ Marilyn Monroe

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin