Tuesday, October 15, 2013

You're Such a Sucker

Story of my LIFE, I always get the fuzzy end of the lollipop.

 
Week #42 LIFE'S simple pleasures - things in the shape of a circle
 
Yesterday, after I posted to my blog, I couldn't help but see things in the shape of a circle.  The lid to my favorite beverage, my lunch plate, the cover to my contact case, the wheels on my lawnmower.  All things I greatly appreciate for what they do! And yes, I a stretching my topic this week, but the point I'm trying to make is, when we notice the things around us, we can certainly take a moment appreciate them, how they were conceived, why they were made and what simple pleasures they can bring us.
 
Today, I remembered I had these super cute lollipop brads.  Lollipops are also known as suckers, sticky pops, lollies and dum dums.  Often, banks and barber shops would give them out to the little customers.


Speaking of little... the Munchkins in the Wizard of Oz were members of the Lollipop Guild.

 
There are a ton of pictures on the Internet with lollipops.  Bright colorful and swirly!! Big and little kids holding and licking huge flat round hardened candy that is flavored sierose with corn syrup at the end of a stick.  When's the last time you had a fun candy lick???
 
I took a hop,
To the shop.
To buy my sweet lollipop,
See the big stick,
And the orange top,
I'll put in my mouth,
And eat it plop, plop, plop.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin