Monday, March 15, 2010

Shine on....

Here is a special card I whipped up yesterday as part of the Yellow Envelope Project at HLA. Every Saturday we are given the name of some deserving friend, distant relative, co-worker etc... who has done something special just by being a 'normal person'. They wont be on the Today Show, or get their name in their local paper... but they've done something nice and they SHINE at what they do. So, we try to fill their mailbox with Yellow Envelopes as a RAK (Random Act of Kindness). This card is going out to Rhode Island.

So, soon I will hopefully be starting another project 29 Gifts a book written by Cami Walker. She talks about her MS and how when she just started giving every day,(as a recovery tool from a medicine woman Guru) she received so much back. Just tiny things, it didn't have to be an all out present.... putting loose change in a homeless cup, giving tissue and a bottle of water to a friend in distress etc... one comment I read last night I believe on the 26th gift day.... trying to decide if you want your gift to be anonymous. But I think it can be a mix of both.... when you give it has to be a conscious effort. To make "ME" feel better... I might record my steps along the way here on my blog (we will be doing it HLA too), big or small.... one shout out I have to do... I gave a pint of blood on Friday, felt good. Today I got a thank you email from the Blood Center... that place is a well oiled machine (with their reminders too).

Maybe you'll join me and SHINE and give 29 small gifts, just because!!

2 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

Peggy today I am sooooo blown away with what you are doing! I so love this idea! I want to join you on this journey but not for 29 days...I want to do it for 38 since that is how old I will be tomorrow! I have been trying to think what I wanted to do to celebrate my Birthday and I think this is perfect!

YOU ROCK!

Cheryl Houston said...

Super Star!!

:) That's you.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin