Friday, March 26, 2010

Specialty Iced coffee, please

My favorite discovery of recent time is learning how to make cold brewed coffee with Toddy maker. 67% less acid!!!
All because Charley's mom offered me an iced coffee one day last summer... my phenomenon started with at home specialty coffee drinks. I bought mine through Amazon and was happy from day one. And since I had time and great interest, I went to the library to find out more... more <------(my Jan 14 post about my first experiences) about where coffee came from, who drinks it and why we drink it. I even bought my own Starbuck-like cup so that I can feel part of the crowd. My mom never understood why I didn't drink coffee as a young adult, but now Iced Coffee with creamer and milk....very, very good to me!!! This cup is from Bed, Bath and Beyond. The money I have saved and the stories I have learned about how and why people drink iced coffee has been a priceless adventure!!
And then of course, I had to make cards with coffee themes. The good ole cup of joe!! So, for today, on my "pad" berry.... not a Blackberry or a CrackBerry... Charley's mom calls it my note "Pad" berry I have titles for my fiction coffee books.

Again, at the library yesterday.... I found my favorite Librarian Services chick because I had difficulty understanding their computer screen and "I know longer want to be afraid to learn how to use things I don't understand" So, she gave me a lesson how to read the screen and if the books are there, where it is and if it's checked out. I was so happy to be learning!!! I asked her if she remembered me.... that I was the 'coffee & tea' book lady? She got a little gleam in her eye and told me that after I left that day way back when, I inspired them to make a bookmark to get others interested in these types of books. She didn't have a bookmark on hand, but would go and print me one.

It reads: Have a Cuppa.... Coffee or Tea Fiction... and lists 10 books.
I was giddy and thankful that my new found interest is not only fun, but gave me a HIGH moment.

So as I sit here and type, with Tucker on my lap, my first Iced Coffee Latte complete, the sun SHINing and the kids home for the first day of spring break.... life as I see it, is pretty darn good!!!!


“Starbucks says they are going to start putting religious quotes on cups. The very first one will say, 'Jesus! This cup is expensive!'”
LoveofMine
Conan O'Brien quotes

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

I love your story and card! Gave me a good little giggle! I have never tried iced coffee- I only like it hot but maybe I will have to give it a try! Happy Friday!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin