Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's up... chicken butt?

Ooops, sorry, corny title, but I'm feeling in a silly mood. I've drawn these two characters before. On this card are some of the paper flowers I punched out and created (and smooshed) myself... I love, love the Prima flowers you can buy, but I've got to try and make my own.

Almost feels like Ground Hog day the movie.... I'm typing this about the same time I have the past 3 days, Tucker is in my lap, and the sun is shining in that same spot on the barn behind the field in the back. The only thing today is that the sky isn't quite as blue... but I'll take it!!!! Compared to some, I live quite a dramaFREE house. I just got done reading Heidi Swapps blog, she is this terrific paper crafter, designer, extraordinary mother of 5, lived in Beijing for 2 years, I could go on and on... but she does a live telecast every Wednesday night from her home. One of her cute helpers last night went out to her car after the show and found in this safe SLC neighborhood, her car was broken into and her purse was stolen. I feel so sad!!! Well, and for a bit of my own non drama drama....

Yesterday, I'm out in the yard raking and cleaning out the flower beds. Cooper (almost 5 year old lab) knows the yard boundary and actually has a collar for the invisible fence and Tucker (almost 2 year old tiny fluffy Pomeranian) is adventuresome and has no boundaries, but 'normally' stays close to me and Cooper. The boys were playing in back near me, but just out of my sight line.... I could see Cooper, but not Tucker... so I went looking after about 1 minute. Couldn't find the Fuzzy Butt.... went to the front yard calling his name... normally I can see his tiny movements... didn't find him... came to the back asking Cooper to tell me where he went... I hear some noises to my left in the neighbors yard.... and I see Tucker struggling to get out of a hole... well, the neighbors have a nice sized pond in the back of their yard, but they had originally started out with this little pond real close to their back door. Tucker must have been sniffing around and fell in... his back end only...they don't really 'use' that pond... it's a cess pool(I think literally).... so I pull him out and wonder what in the world I'm going to do with him (stinky).... I wish I had a camera!! He was a soggy mess from the waist down, that is if a dog had a waist....I had to wrap a towel around him, carry him into the house and give him another bath (he just got one Sunday)in the laundry utility tub... he didn't put up a fight. Maybe he smelt(?) himself and his pride was hurt!! It would cost about $350 to put Tucker on the 'fence'... so now I've learned my lesson, poor boy will not be able to wonder too far with the 10 foot leash around his collar!!!!! My drama!!!

3 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

My car was "broken" into when I lived in Park City and my portfolio of art was taken. :(

They had a tough time getting in since I left the damn door unlocked!

It is a very safe place as far as violent crimes go but there's still the other stuff.

Glad you found that Tucker! Poor guy!

Cheryl Houston said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
K Hutchinson said...

OH my heavens...what a time of it! Glad you got poor Tucker back!

Your card is very fun! Made me smile just like the lovely card I got in the mail today! Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin