Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Be Marvelous

Sissy thought this looked like an actual card!  I asked her what she meant by that (of course knowing what she would say)... what has all my other work look like?  Fake, faux, non cards I guess!!!  This card's tutorial was on Stamp TV  and was so easy to make and looks very cool in real life, like a REAL card.  Using Versa Mark ink and embossing powder to get the stamped butterflies, when that is heat dried I used a sponge with ink in  3 different colors and  pounced the ink randomly.  Making sure a dark ink was surrounding the embossed image itself.  Then wipe off the embossed image from any excess ink, mount card, add a sentiment... and voila~
Mid July, the dog days of summer.  The kind of day you wish you had a pool.  Or you wish you had a friend who had a pool.  Got info in the mail that school starts August 20.  Graduation for my senior is Saturday, May 28, 2011... so mark your calendars people. Sissy has been at summer volleyball camp all week through the high school... can you believe their gym is not air conditioned?  Today, Bubba goes in for his Senior photos.  Had yummy turkey potstickers for dinner last night.  I think I will tackle the 'piles' today. 
It's hump day!!! I really need a part time job, just a little job, please?

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

This is so pretty! love the colors! Kids are funny! WOO HOO senior photos! I am taking my friends daughter senior photos in a couple of weeks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin