Friday, July 23, 2010

Just a note, inside and out

Here is a complete card, inside and out.  I CASed this one from Pam at Stamping with Serendipity
or as she goes as the Smiley Collector.  I've followed her for a few years and she makes very complete cards.  If I recall, she sells them for over $5 each.  You can tell this is a slightly different card for me...
 for one, I'm actually using a stamp (Stampin Up!) and yes, the inside of the card is inked and ready to use.  I like the color combo, the inking of the edges and the stitching from my sewing machine, on the edges!!! Used my Martha Stewart punch to get the edged ribbon on the left for the inside of the card.

Here's a for instance.... how many ways can you politely tell someone that you are a temp worker answering the phones and that you will take a message for someone in the office to call you back? That was me yesterday.  I got a temp job for the day answering phones at a town hall in a city 1/2 hour away from here.  First of all... not that I'm dumb.... but living in Illinois for only 4 years I really only know my own city (not even how the government runs it... I know that we have a mayor)  The city I worked in, has a board president and from what I can tell, it is a very, very rich city ~ think horse farms.  This one guy called in complaining about his speeding ticket.  I had a feeling the town hall didn't handle that situation, but all 4 of the other people working in that office were either gone for the day or in a meeting. I was very nice and calm on the phone and said to the gentleman, that I was just answering phones for the day, I would take his information and pass it along to the appropriate person to have the call returned.  He tried another angle... but I have another question, he said.... (a few things ran through my mind.... does it not say on the frickin ticket who you are supposed to call? Police Department??)  And totally, I understand when someone is frustrated and wants an answer, but I calmly said again, that I can only take the message and pass it along.
I worked for 7 hours.  Felt a little grimmy.  I forget to take cleaning wipes with me.... other peoples germs. It's always much more fun to talk about other people, than myself.

In other news:  Sissy in Whitewater experienced Tornado Warnings.  She had to go in the basement of the dorms for hours.... it was a crazy stormy night at volleyball camp!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin