Monday, July 19, 2010

I could be a contender

A few weeks ago I mentioned, while in Florida, I stopped in a stationary card shop and saw these really cute hand made cards by Tumbalina.  I copied her name down, and should have bit the bullet and bought the card for $6.95 plus tax, then I'd get all the marketing/packaging/wording info correct.  But if you click on this link here, it will take you to her website and the card, the very simple card that I recreated (CASed.... Copy And Share Everything) . Scroll down a bit on that page to find the 3 buttons with twine. 
So, now it's a matter of what to do in trying to sell & market my cards.  Although you, my friends and family and those you give my cards to, think they are UNIQUE, whimsical and a party on a card... that doesn't go very far if your inventory is high and sales are low. 
 Now, some of you have suggested I go to my local downtown and 'sell' myself to these 'cute' store owners who sell eclectic fun things.... like homemade cards....don't wanna say "can't do it".... just that I've done it twice and there was no further interest after that the initial visit.  (Well, I must admit it's a good thing I'm not in this 'hobby' to make a living, because I'd be on the streets)  Others have suggested going to craft fairs.  And not that I have a denial for ALL things.... but to buy the packaging (slip covers) to put my cards into so that sticky fingers don't leave my cards amuck is a great investment.  Having been to craft fairs (and hearing about those from card making bloggers) some kind person will buy 1 or two cards (often times to copy and see how the card was made) and it really isn't worth the money down payment for the table to sit and see everyone walk on by.

I don't want to mass produce my cards, ... the whole point, at least I think... Is that I have tons of UNIQUE one of a kind cards in stock... (for $2.50 ea) I'm happy to fill special orders, I have cards for all occasions (really CUTE cards) .... it's simple to look through my blog... I even created a card blog creative greetings!! too ---->here,  where you can check out cards by categories.  Unique and whimsical cards, these are for special family and friends who deserve more than just a last minute grocery store card like 10,000 others. Thank you honey for letting me have such a fun 'hobby'.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin