Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shady character

Monochrome describes paintings, drawings, design, or photographs in one color or shades of one color. Had some blue scraps laying around (really literally laying around {I must clean my creative studio}), saw a sketch for a layout (while blurfing, blog surfing) and added my elements.  Now that I see this complted card in a photo, I realize how important matting is.  Everything would 'pop' so much better if there were a slightly darker shade behind each element, however then making this card about 9 layers.
Ketto girl from StampinBella
School, first day, appears to have gone well!  I can almost remember being a senior in high school, not like it was yesterday, but walking the halls knowing it was my last year of being seen as a child.  Bubba really likes his Humanities class. (The humanities are academic disciplines which study the human condition, using methods that are primarily analytic, critical, or speculative, as distinguished from the mainly empirical approaches of the natural and social sciences.) Sissy was voted in as one of the three(?) co-captains for the Sophomore volleyball team. Her comment was about this one particular boy who was in all of her classes.... hmmmm.  At that time it didn't sound like it was a good thing.  
 It's nice right now having a quiet house... well empty? That's sad to say.  All summer long at 8:20am it was quiet, someone was still sleeping and someone was hidden away in the cave watching tv, so it WAS quiet....there is a difference between quiet and empty!  Day two.... life goes on for a mom.... piles of clutter, laundry to fold and I need to challenge my mind and my lower back!  Happy Day

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Cute card! Love all the layers! Matting does add a lot- I agree!

Happy school days! I am waiting for the quiet house.....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin