Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Tray of Sweets

Almost looks good enough to eat! Yum! This is a 'doodle' I had in my doodle box.  Sometimes instead of making cards, I just look up images to draw and shade and color and embellish... then I put them in my doodle box until I feel the inspiration of a layout, or an advertisement or a blog post.  I think I doodle A doodle is a type of sketch, an unfocused drawing made while a person's attention is otherwise occupied. Doodles are simple drawings that can have concrete representational meaning or may just be abstract shapes something every day.  If you didn't know I was a card maker that statement could be quite funny!  I put a glaze on the cherries and the strawberry tops just to give the images some dimension. Can't tell that from the picture, though.
Posting late today.  I had an early morning physical therapy session.  My lower back has been hurting me since May.  It kills me that I couldn't 'fix' this myself.  I was on the verge of having a bulging disc off my lower vertebrae.  It's a good thing I'm home... to take care of myself... but to find the purpose of it all!  Ugh. 
Last night we had homemade pizza one with buffalo chicken (hot sauce) and the other with veggies.  Going to take the kiddos out for our first Sushi experience.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin