Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Excuse me, what did you say?

- Inspire to c-cre8te
- Vent

This is a very adorable mini scrapbook I made a while back. You can use it for pictures, a journal or tiny keepsakes. I'm very happy how it turned out and love the colors and the embellishments!! Inside are paper bags that create the pages and spots to hold tags. I'm once again taking pictures in natural light on the photo easel.

Although it might get annoying to those close to me, I admit that I whine and complain about a lot of things in every day life. Someone doesn't use their turn signal as I'm waiting for their approach to the corner.... I do talk about it and say 'hey, thanks dude, that would have been nice to know'. Or, I'm in the grocery store and someone stops to pick out an item and they block the entire aisle, cart and body and they are oblivious to the presence of other people trying to get by. I'll comment about that (in the privacy of my own home, or here on the blog).

However, I do think to the average Joe or cordial acquaintance they may think I'm nice, communicative and have manners... heck, I might even tell a joke or two...have a little SHINE about me.... but let me tell ya... I'm sick and tired of people who promise things and they can't or don't deliver. I don't want to reveal too much... I'm sure this person(s) doesn't visit my blog... but I will generalize none the less. You may figure it out... it's not you.... I'll call said person "Erma" for ease sake.....

Erma is very talented. Really, very, very talented in the paper crafting world. She has an eye for things. She lucked out, and found her niche..... go her!!! Momprenuer extraordinaire near the Canadian boarder. But I think she is a train wreck.... every time I see her, she makes excuses for not 'keeping to her word', or breaking her promises. I ask you.... why? why.... why, why? Promise anything? Why even give yourself a deadline to finish a spectacular awesome paper craft (for us to view).... when you NEVER do! It is soooooo annoying. The said thing is a 'paper craft' project.... not something life or death. So no worries... it's just one of those things like a reality tv star, a hoarder, a crazy teenager or a fallen sports athlete.... just one of those things that makes you go.... hmmmmm. How do they get through life?

I, would feel extreme guilt if I 'promised' someone a cre8tive do dad... and I didn't finish it.... or didn't even attempt to get it done.... or if I devised an un-attainable goal date. Others allow this creative genius to, or enable Erma by saying... "oh don't worry! life happens! give yourself a break!" I say.... Quit promising things! Quit saying you'll get it done.

I will apologize if I did not complete a task ... but Erma.... every time ... I'm sad to think that she is raising four children who probably make excuses all the time for their behavior and actions. Quit over extending yourself. I think that's one reason I say here.... stay tuned... because life does happen and get in the way. If I say I will get it done by Saturday... by golly unless and Earthquake or Tsunami hit.... I will get er done....

But then on the other hand... it's a good thing.... there are some people... like ***Fern, Valli, Smokey and Jayne .... who do exactly what they said they would... and their paper craft work is totally amazing, refreshing and inspiring... and they are worth watching on the internet, or visiting their blog or getting their newsletter.....*** all names and locations in the above story have been changed for security reasons!!

Thank you.... I will step down off my soap box and go back into my perfect quiet little world... until the next time....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin