Thursday, August 08, 2013

Full - Circle... of LIFE

As friends and family of mine, you all know that very shortly I will be going through another stage in LIFE.... I will be part of the Empty Nesters' Club. 

It's hitting me pretty hard.... there I said it!


We all have to make choices in LIFE. 

Our choice, Jeff and I when we became pregnant with Kyle was for me to be a stay-at-home mom.

Almost two years later with Holly barely 3 weeks old we moved to Tennessee and so our journey began.  Two moves and 18 years later... my job of every day event coordinator is about to end.  It is truly.... bitter-sweet.

One thing I do know is that I love to create... or in some CASE-s.... recreate.  That is something that is part of who I am. 
 
I had an aha moment recently.  I have incorporated Art imitating LIFE... or my LIFE imitating my art ♥
 
I've taken on a few self improvement awareness programs... if that's what I should call it.  As part of my Year of  (think of New Year's resolution ).... at the House of SHINE... I decided to take on the Year of LIFE's simple pleasures.
 
I also took an on-line mixed media class that goes the entire year.... it's called LIFEbook 2013.  Each week I get inspiration to think and feel my art.


 
And another activity is part of Do52.
 
 
Each week I pick a new Popsicle stick with a verb on it and try to incorporate that word into my  daily LIFE.
 
There is a method to my madness. I have been able to combine all of my interests and create a story.... my story!!!
 
 I get to dream it, believe it, think it, doodle it and live it!
 
And this is how I discovered that my LIFE, I'm living a full circle.  For the past 31 weeks I have been highlighting 'one' of LIFE's many simple pleasures... and I have been randomly picking a verb... and here is what I found interesting... all randomly chosen....
 
Week #1 we all need to LIGHTEN up on our BEVERAGES.... Week #2 there are different TYPES of SNOWFLAKES... Week #4 a FIREPLACE can SUPPORT the structure of a home.... Week #5 BOOKS can SPILL out of a backpack... okay....so a few of them don't work out but then there is.... Week #14 each SPRING I have a to do LIST to check off.... #16 a fun activity when you have extra TIME is to PEOPLE WATCH...#23 SUSPEND in time and STOP & SMELL THE ROSES.... #25 some people GATHER BUGS and collect them... #27 we OBSERVE other peoples' Birthdays and celebrate them.
 
LIFE has many ways of testing a person's will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen all at once.


Can I help you???
 
An adventurous LIFE does not necessarily mean climbing a mountain, swimming with the sharks or jumping off cliffs.  It means risking yourself by leaving a little piece of you behind in all things you meet along the way.
 

A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions and the roots spring up and make new trees - Amelia Earhart


 
LIFE moves pretty fast if you don't stop and look around once in awhile you could miss it.
 
It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

BRIGHTEN SOMEONE'S DAY!!

 
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin