Monday, August 26, 2013

Not Your Av-er-age Pi-ca-nic Basket

If the rain spoils our picnic but saves a farmers crop, who are we to say it shouldn't rain. ~ Tom Barrett


Week #35 LIFE'S simple pleasures - a picnic

A picnic is a pleasure excursion at which a meal is eaten outdoors, it can be combined with a cookout or a barb-b-que, a pot luck, a family reunion or a romantic meal for two.

When is the last time you went on a picnic?? 

Being the frugal person I am... okay, really I'm cheap!  I love a good picnic. 

My homemade sandwich is exactly like I want it.  I actually try to clean out the fridge because I must admit, most all of our picnics happen on a Saturday, which is just before we go grocery shopping to fill the fridge for the next week!  We enjoy eating the rest of the assortment chips (crumbs) from the bottom of the opened bags in the pantry.  I fill Ziploc snack bags with carrots and celery.  I pull out ice cold beverage from the downstairs fridge, add a simple cookie or chocolate dessert... and a few napkins.... and we are good to go!


 
Here is my official 'pic-a-nic' basket... it's never been on a road trip.  We've been using a big red soft sided cooler. 
 
This basket is too pretty. 
 
But I'm tired of it sitting by my piano hiding extra knitted scarfs.... I'm going to actually use it soon!  There is no reason to save it! Just like the 'pretty' dishes we're saving for company.  Or the special napkins only for Thanksgiving.... I'm going to start to use and use up everything.  No longer am I saving it for a special day!  Today.... is that day!!!! 
 
(source: Longaberger Website)
 
By the way, if you don't know.... It's a Longaberger basket... it's not your av-er-age ba$ket if you know what I mean .... it was a beautiful gift from a group of nice friends! The passion of the Longaberger business is evident as the corporate headquarters in Ohio is built like a basket!
 
One of LIFE'S simple pleasures, going on a picnic!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin