Monday, August 19, 2013

My Kid was an Honor Student

"I believe the key to happiness is: someone to love, something to do, and something to look forward to."  Elvis Presley
 
Oh, I like  Mickey is waving left handed!!!
 
Week #34 LIFE's simple pleasures - stages of LIFE
 
We all go through different stages of LIFE. From being a child to a teenager, from a new driver to a college student, from a young adult to a married couple, from new parents to empty nesters and from grandparents to senior citizens.
 
Whatever you call your current stage in LIFE, we all go though numerous changes... every day.  This year of simple pleasures I am having so much fun finding things that I really connect with, during ALL the different stages and changes I am going through....
 
One act of kindness could change a person's outlook on LIFE, forever!
 
It's better to look back on LIFE and say: "I can't believe I did that." Than to look back and say: "I wish I did that."
 
LIFE is a beautiful struggle.
 
I am currently in the stage of 'empty nest', as we have taken our youngest child off to college. 
 
I truly know that family and friends are honest and sincere when they say my parent 'job' will never be over!  But the active day to day parenting that I have been doing for the past 20 years has come to an end.  And I do know that it is okay to grieve over this loss.
 
Not that I'm throwing all of the past AWAY, but I am moving forward (with some things)  This post is really about me growing up (just a little bit). 
 
The picture above, I have always LOVED my Mickey decal.  It always made me smile when I was looking for my car in the parking lot.  He was always waving at me.... here is your car, here is the PILOT.... (you know how many look-a-like cars are in the parking lot at Target??) 
 
And below is the decal of our family.  I've seen this response to those stick figure decals : I don't know why they do that. All it does is let potential kidnappers know that their next victim may be in that car. I think that most attempts to "personalize" family vehicles are terrible ideas. People driving around with their family's last name emblazoned on the back window, right next to little stick figures that represent the members of their family. Look below and you see a bumper sticker telling everyone where their child goes to school. Great idea!!!

 
I took these pictures for posterity.
 
So what did I do? ....  I peeled off my decals.
 
I removed the honor student and hockey parent clings from the side window.
 
I'm really sad that they are gone. But it is time for a change in this stage of my LIFE!
 
Stay tuned for tomorrow's post to see what's new!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin