Tuesday, August 06, 2013

It's All Up in the Air

EXCUSE MY MESS.... still WORKING ON MY BLOG!

Your life is like a balloon...if you never let yourself go, you will never know how far you can rise.


This week I'm discovering the simple pleasures in attending a fair. 
 
I remember as a child attending a fair and the overwhelming excitement when you walk in past the ticket gate!!!  Right away you would see things you wanted to buy and places you wanted to stop first!!!  I liked the site of a friendly clown or a mid way vendor selling balloons.

They would be bunched together like a large bouquet of exotic flowers.  Floating together the different colors and shapes would attract me. Then there was the dilemma of choosing the perfect one.  Oh the joy of someone  tying  the string of the balloon to my wrist.   Magically the balloon would bob and weave as I pulled my arm up and down in all different directions.  You could always see the balloon bopping above all the heads in the crowd. I was special!!
 
A balloon is a flexible bag which can be inflated with a gas, such as helium, hydrogen, nitrous oxide, oxygen, or air
 
And of course, there would be sadness as I got in the car  after a long day of walking at the fair and mistakenly untie the balloon and it would leave the backseat and slip away up into the sky..... floating up to the heavens above!
 
Yesterday I spotlighted a county fair here on my blog, but in doing a little research.... there are so many different types of fairs.... there are even all different kinds of Balloon Festivals and Fairs.
 
google images 
 
The above link is describing those huge hot air balloons that are part of everyone's bucket list.  Top of the list of Balloon Festivals to visit?  Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta in October.
 
In late summer just at dusk, we've had  the pleasure spotting 2 or 3 hot air balloons fly over our house at a time.... it is quite a site to see and hear that up close!
 
Love is like a balloon,
easy to blow up
and fun to see grow
But hard to let go and fly away.
 
A simple pleasure.... going to a fair and getting a balloon! 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin