Friday, August 02, 2013

Is the Beach Calling You????


 
For some reason, I have been keeping this tiny shell in my purse.  It fell out the other day when I grabbed my wallet.  I don't know what beach it is from.  Gulf Shores, Hilton Head, Lake Michigan?  I love the commercial where people pick up this huge conch shell and they put it up to their ear to hear the ocean, and a sweet cherubic voice says.... it's the beach calling!
 
I have the largest collection of seashells.  I keep it all on the beaches of the world, perhaps you've seen it?

Week #31 LIFE'S simple pleasures - summer time
 
The summer solstice where the days are the longest and the nights are the shortest.  Schools are on a break to take advantage of the warm, hot days.  Teenage jobs cater to recreation.  More families travel and go on vacation.  People spend more time outdoors.
 
There are a lot of things you can do in the summer time.  It is one of LIFE'S simple pleasures.  I can combine numerous simple pleasures from the beginning of this year and do many of them in the summer time...
 
I can enjoy a cold beverage at the beach, a waterfront bar, or under an umbrella in my backyard!
 
I can find a best seller beach book read... or enjoy an old classic.
 
I can feel the warmth of the sun and the SHINE it brings to my day.
 
I can listen to the birds chirp about their business.
 
I can watch people at the beach or the ice cream shop.
 
I can sit on my front porch and just watch the clouds go by. 
 
I can collect seashells and put them in a glass jar and decorate my bathroom.
 
My favorite thing about summer is having a valid excuse for my excessive sweating
 
And so with that... enjoy the rest of your summer.  It is one of LIFE'S simple pleasures!
 
Brighten Someone's Day

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin