Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I'm a Wonderer

- Birthday card
- Challenge update

Blurfing over the weekend.  CASE-d this card.  Think it is simply adorable and a card that can be used for anybody.  Any size present stacked on top... simple cut out squares and rectangles of left over scraps... mostly monochromatic.  Then yesterday I was at Archivers and they had a card with a very similar layout, but each of the presents had a glittery ribbon tied to it.  Could be a gel pen with glitter, stickles... not the actual ribbon.  So, I'm thinking my cards need "more glitter".  The people want glitter when they get a hand made card. Going back to add glitter!!!

Today's challenge word: Glitter... no no, I mean ornament!

Challenges are hard.  If they were easy everybody would do it!  I'm keeping up with the 21 day challenge from Rhonna, although with her, it's really the art journal part... I have been trying really hard to 'change' a habit if you will (it takes 21 days to make or break a habit).... clean up the kitchen... I mean really finish what I'm doing and put away.  I have a tendency to start something, then my mind gets distracted and I come back hours later realizing I still have dishes to finish washing.  Or, I'm doing laundry.... go vacuum a dust 'tuckies' ... read for a bit... then realize I was in the middle of loading the washer.... pulling stuff out of the dryer.  I get bored, and my mind wonders.  Yikes... keep on task!
More.... later.

Bubba has been accepted to two Iowa Universities.  Both have offered him academic scholarships.  We are waiting for two more.

Sissy has 3 more drivers ed classes and then it's time for behind the wheel.  Ah just in time when all the crazies are on the road, holiday shopping and winter weather.

DH told me last night one of his co-workers who got let go last year at this time, just got released from his current job.  He was happy!  Gets a severance package and starts collecting un-employment for what 99 weeks!!!  Gotta love our government.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin