Friday, January 07, 2011

Back to Basics

- My Year
- And other stuff



I've claimed my year! I'm going 'Back to B.A.S.I.C.S.' Twenty eleven, new year, new decade and a new way to focus on the rest of my life. It isn't a resolution but a life style change.



If you couldn't tell, I'm a very complicated person, not a drama queen, but I like manners and respect, common courtesy and kindness. Over at the House of Shine, today was the day to name our year.... give our resolution. I want to try and think outside of the box. I don't want to conform. I want to be unique, yet fit in. Here is the way I did it!


This year I want to go back to BASICS
B- balance (mind, body & soul) think of yoga
A - acceptance, a lot of changes are going to occur this year, I have to accept them
S - simplify, de-clutter, buy what's only needed, reuse
I - infinite, limitless ways of doing things
C - create
S - Shine

Stay tuned to see how I achieve my goal of going BACK to BASICS to live 2011.

Followed a challenge on Splitcoast Stampers to create the birthday card above. Love the layers and the colors, and ultimately how the card turned out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your back to Basics- I know I started Yoga this year and only plan to buy things I NEED- which is not going to be much-- OH many a KILN!!! Ha ha ha! No seriously only things I need! I have so much craft stuff it is not funny! That is why with Project life I am like no way I need a kit to do this - yes it would have been easier but I have enough stuff to do it here!

Your card is stunning! Are you planning on doing more challenges this year? Sending your work in to bet published???

Good luck with your word this year :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin