Wednesday, January 26, 2011

FuN MaiL is now in VoGue

- Tag a long
- Friendly

Paper makes me happy! Cutting it, punching it, inking it, drawing on it, folding it, embellishing it. If I have so much fun cre8ting with it, don't you think that it would make someone happy to receive it? I think I've made it one of my many goals this year to bring FuN MaiL back into vogue. I mean with depressing news, and bills and junk mail... don't YOU think that a little envelope with your name in the return address, with a special unique and whimsical card inside... would really make someone's day?? Sentiments are easy to find on line, write something from the heart, just say... I'm thinking of you, how the heck you doing?????

I was in a small town scrapbook store yesterday. It made me happy and giddy with excitement with all the things to look at. As you know, I'm very frugal. I don't have to have everything... although it would be fun to get the newest, latest and greatest (who has room for that anyway?) .... I had my tiny cash budget in hand and I got a few treats! While in the store, a distraught customer had come in. She was looking for a bound book for her sister. Her little sister who had recently passed away. She was looking for a nice sign in guest book to be put out at the funeral home, she gave the clerk some specifics I couldn't quite hear. Not that the clerk was insensitive, but in a tiny scrapbook store you don't really sell books, you sell all the tools to make the books. The saddened sister went on, I browsed closer, wheels in my head started turning. The scrapbook store clerk gave suggestions of the Christian book store, or a local big box office supply store.... but the sister had tried that and really wanted something from this memory maker store. The clerk was not apologetic, but said they really didn't carry what she was looking for. The distraught sister left with a thank you. When the door closed, I smiled at the clerk and asked her if they got a lot of requests like that, for something personalized and special... she said every now and then. I said "I could easily make something like that on my computer". And I was about ready to hand her my card.... but the clerk turned away to finish what she was working on. I certainly wasn't going to run after the grief stricken stranger... but it got me thinking.... how could I make special books made to order. Any ideas?

1 comment:

Cheryl Houston said...

Those tags are so CUTE!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin