Thursday, January 27, 2011

Su-weet Monkey



- Sweet Monkey Cupcake
- New T-shirt

I don't know, there is something about a cute & silly monkey behind and extremely yummy looking cupcake that makes me giggle! And then I thought... do a google search for Sweet Monkey Cupcake and there is an actual place... Sugar Monkey and can you believe it's somewhat nearby in Naperville, Illinois. Who da thunk??

I love making 'more' involved cards, this one has seven layers +... the monkey is drawn and colored in (water color pencils and markers) then cut out, the baking cup is corrugated, the topping is made and layered with sprinkles and a cherry on top. Sentiment is computer generated. That's a heart on it's side as the background and there is a bit of a doily showing behind his head... I found the doilies at Goodwill and the were probably 9" round, so I have been punching them out with scallops smaller.... but I haven't quite created the right effect for doily usage! Sweet!!!!
So get this straight, we live in Illinois (but I and the kids were pretty much raised in Wisconsin, DH* Indiana) and DH was working in Columbus Ohio in the beginning of the week, and stopped at an airport Big 10 store, and bought Bubba his first Iowa shirt.... if my calculations are right... in about 7 months time Bubba will be moving into his dorm at U of I. * DH- dear husband Bubba - son Sissy - daughter Me- me

It costs nothing to appreciate someone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my heavens this monkey is adorable! Love this :)

Congrat to Bubba! Go Hawkeyes! My mama is a Hawkeye!!!! SMILE!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin