Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be My Valentine

Here is a beary cute card I left for my DH with a bottle of Red Velvet Wine from the vineyards of Cupcake.  I know I've said it before, lack of creativity a bit I guess, but I am so happy with the way I can display my cards with my bristle frog flower.  Doodled a cute little bear with Prismacolor pencils and water color pencils and put together like colored patterned paper for the background to keep in the theme of Red and Pinks and hearts and Valentines' Day♥ Be MINE

Going back to Cupcake, I think it's a great name for a wine.  Unexpected.  Since the Italians (and I say that loosely, because we have learned a lot of things from these people and about these people, the investors and CEO who have taken over DH's company) have come into our lives we have a new appreciation for wine.  DH was introduced to wine with the dinner meetings.  Oh, we drank wine before, communion wine, cheap boxed wine, reds, whites, pinks...clueless????  We have some foodie friends who would talk to us about wine in the summer time, when you seem to have more time.  So now, we are trying different wine flavors and drinking more wine with our meals.  (Isn't red wine good for your heart?) We stop and taste wines in the grocery store, weird, I know! We eat nuts with wine and different cheeses with different wines.  We have 'special' wine glasses and a special aerator to poor the wine ~ better. 

We are hoping to go to a wine tasting class and maybe visit a local winery this summer.  What kind of hobby lets you get sloshed while trying it?  JK... but we are finding this wine stuff very interesting!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Super cute card! Wine sounds good! I wish I knew more about wines.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin