Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Ribbon Wraps

This is about half my ribbon stash.  I finally figured out that I could actually use a lot of my straight pins to hold the ribbon to it's cardboard holder.  Before, long and short strands were flailing everywhere, and it wasn't quite as neat... or in other words, it was a mess  Also too, a few years ago, why they did this ... I haven't a clue.... but someone wrapped ribbon around clothespins.... man, it looks way cute in jars or baskets on display in an open shelf... but not as practical when you unwind it.... unless you were intending to have 'curly' ribbon on that flat card.  You can see a few of those cloth pin mummy wraps, mostly with rick rack on the left side of the photo. It is amazing when you purge and clean, you find things you
a. either never knew you had or
b. things you were looking for and could never remember where you put them 
Why is it that you buy three of one really off (ugly, wont match with anything ) color ribbon, but the one's you use most you never have a back up in the big stash?

Well, I think the best way to get back on track and be creative is to clean your studio, clean your mind, find some new ways to Jump Start your Art, or your heart, or your daily life.... and get back in there.  Let's see what I can make today!!!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin