Monday, February 06, 2012

Label Made the WaY

Part  2 of my Year of SELF- organizing my 'studio'.  I found that I had a little trouble on F=FOCUS last Friday when I was trying to finish up cleaning. I would find a bit, a part, a piece and was not sure exactly where to put it, to find it again.  Some things were easy to dump in a trash bag, but some 'things' surely could be used for something else... where to put them?
The best thing when you go on a major clean, if you take everything out room and slowly weed through it and then put like things back in a similar labeled spot, I think I found success in cleaning out my studio (sounds better than craft room, maybe more sophisticated :).  I have just a teeny tiny pile of papers and miscellaneous things I'm not sure.... when in doubt, throw them out.... but just not quite yet.

I was also able to clean out the kids report card drawer.  I always liked looking through my old papers and awards... it brought back good memories.  Now all of that is in folders by school and by kid
Purple post to my ART Journal.  This is still quite a challenge.  I like blurfing to see how other mixed media artist bring in the color and the shapes... only about 10 pages have been covered and this stuff still scares me.  I want it to turn out "right" but have discovered there is no right when it comes to free-style art.  The pages in my book are approx the same size as a full sheet of copy paper 8-1/2" x 11"

Want to step along a new journey with me on this Year of mySELF?  Today we will focus on E=employment.  I got a new part time job as a receptionist at a local manufacturing company. Oh, I know I can do the job.... but my head hasn't been quite in the game for a long time... but I'm going to go in there and SH!NE today!  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

K Hutchinson said...

Your journal page looks great! I love the colors! Keep playing you will find what feels right to you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin