Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gus is Back

I'm so excited to share a few cards this week that include my favorite beagle basset Gus! 

I made up 6 different *original doodle dog poses for note card fronts and then searched out ways I could use my scraps to make fun and whimsical Gus cards.  Here, he is enjoying a little bit of nature sitting in the grass with the flowers and a lady bug friend!
Here's the Mojo Monday sketch I followed when creating the card.  I love how the little banners peak out the bottom and give a rugged/jagged edge!

As you know, I struggle as an artist and a blogger with this, and have recently seen some others address this to their blogs...
* Doodle - original doodle would be something I created and drew by hand. 

However, a disclaimer... I don't know if any art is original, we all get inspiration somewhere, from a photo in a book, pictures on the internet, nature and actual people, places and things. PRDesigns defines some doodles as CASe-ing a STAMPED image where I hand draw and color (not tracing or scanning the image) and give credit to the best of my ability, due to the original artist or company.

We've had rain!  It's the thing where water comes down from the sky...you almost want to go outside and stand in it and soak it all in.  It's wonderful!  This summer 2012, as any summer or season... has sure been different!

Hey, stay tuned and see some more Gus cards being posted soon!!!
Brighten Someone's Day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww this little guy is adorable! Love him to pieces! Your right we all take inspiration from many places! RAIN is the best 4 letter word I have heard in a long time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin