Monday, July 16, 2012

So She Did It

What's the buzz? 

Every day I'm trying to be true to my Year of SELF  (both in life and my creative adventures) and I am LEARNING, how to be a free-er and more creative crafter/cardmaker, FINDING ways to take better pictures, SEEKING out help from others who have more experience and are willing to teach, and I'm EXPLORING new things that I have the resources for, just didn't know what to do with it!

This week: challenge to learn more about Photoshop Elements, picture taking, watermarks and whatever else comes my way! :0)
I got a new stamp set from Tim Holz's Stampers Anonymous set and it has these way cool 2" x 4" rubber stamps with grungy honeycombs shapes, distressed dots and funky shapes.  So, I actually started backwards with the card, doing the background first and then finding a bee image that I could doodle for the top layer to frame.  I had gotten a mix of the colored twine and thought the yellow/green was just the right amount!  It would be perfect to stamp a few layers of the honey comb, cut them out and pop dot them up for even more dimension. Bright and fun.... something great to send as FuN MaiL... to Brighten Someone's Day!
Sissy loves Pinterest, we all love Pinterest, don't you??  Although my children have been around an Artsy Fartsy mom their entire life, unless they have to... they don't do crafts... very much.  But she wanted to make a special friend a special gift.  Quotes, signs, canvas, paint... all the rage... so she got everything she needed, found the quote, one day sat on the porch in the sweltering summer heat .. and voila`... She believed she could, so she did!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin