Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Lil Bit of Fringe

Two handmade greeting cards with similar patterned papers and colors themes have already been highlighted (one yesterday and the other today) on my blog. 

Did you know there is something out there in the card making world called One sheet wonders???  Where some creative soul took apart one sheet (normally 8" x 11-1/2") of crazy fun patterned paper and cut and divided to make an impressive color coordinated mix and match of 10-12 different card fronts.  This week I'l reveal a 3 sheet wonder... I'm starting out small!

I'm using a small sheet as well... a Hippie Chic Matstack from DCWV and it's only 4" x 6". Please notice the funky reds and oranges with paisley, plaids and glitter.

The fun surprise on this card is the book paper fringe.  Here's a close up view.
 

With coupon in hand, last year I bought the Martha Stewart fringe scissors.  It's cut is really cute, but don't know how often I will use them.  Maybe this fringe style would be more useful making big fluffy pom pom flowers for a gift, or some sort of ribbon hanging off the present.

Stop in tomorrow and see how I end my trilogy.  There is more behind the pictures too... learning  how to set up a photo shoot, upload and color enhance the photos, and add a watermark and shadow around the pictures.  Trying to EXPLORE the possibilities with PhotoShop Elements... and of course trying to create a fun card to....
Brighten Someone's Day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin