Thursday, July 05, 2012

The Stars Danced

Every year I have the privilege and the challenge to create a unique and fun card for my daughter in honor of the day of her birth!  She is the child of a cardmaker and wants her very own special card, not something thoughtlessly made for the big stash with someone else... in mind. She has yet to receive a store bought card from me, ever.

Here it is, red white and blue, stars and stripes... celebrate... I found the cutest saying for the inside and I knew I had a winner ... the stars danced the day you born and the next day fire works went off!

Sometimes it's fun to be able to celebrate your birthday around a big holiday or an event... growing up we made her believe the fireworks were in celebration of 'her' birthday!  She has since learned that parents (white) lie about a lot of things... the Easter Bunny, the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus etc....but how awesome is it to have fireworks shooting off in the sky everywhere... sometimes for days!!!!

Movie review: Went and saw Pixar's Brave yesterday.  The movie theatre is a great place to be when it's 100 degrees in the shade.  I give the movie two thumbs up.  The theatre was full of families with small children and teenagers, to middle agers like us, all the way up to grandparents. I laughed, cried and got scared and was pleasantly entertained!  The movie actually was a story with a beginning, middle and end.  If you are looking for an enjoyable movie to go and see, I highly recommend Brave!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin