Friday, August 24, 2012

Flight 8:24

Although I haven't posted any pictures for a while, I am still mixed media painting in my heART Journal.  Here is a page from one of last months entries! Lot's of yellow with pop, pop, pop of red.

It relates to an earlier blog posting of mine Go (to school) The empty nest.  I should have punched out birds with wings, darn. I did the picture before I found the caption.  But I didn't know I was going to relate it to a theme for this weeks posting. (if only I could think that far ahead, NOT!)  Flying the coop.  End of the summer, back to school.... If you look closely, you can see the butterflies taking off from the bottom left of the page up to the right !

The birds are active this morning.  They actually line up to take turns in the bird bath and in our little fountain out back in our 'secret' garden.  While one is splashing and spreading it's wings in the little bowl, others wait on the rocking chair back, and behind that on the brick patio, waiting their turn to get a little bathing action.  It's a flutter of wings and squawking.

I think another reason I posted about the mother bird worried about her baby falling out of the nest, and darn, it would have been perfect to post it at the time... but Cooper, my trusty furry friend had to show me something he found in the back under a lilac tree.  There has been lots of activity outside my creative greetings home office... and sadly, Cooper showed me to a 'real' little birdie who had fallen out of the nest, to young to take flight it fell to the ground below.  He didn't make it. Is there any symbolism in all of this?

Amidst the squawking and feather fluffing, life and (death) still goes on.  Often times we notice the ones making all the noise!

Oh, heck.... going ahead, send some FuN MaiL
and brighten that quiet one's day!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your journal page, the colors and textures are fabulous! It's so hard when they leave the nest! Sending HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Love your journal page, the colors and textures are fabulous! It's so hard when they leave the nest! Sending HUGS!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin