Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Life's a Beach

Every month for the past 7 months I have been sending out 5 special creative greeting cards to ladies in different parts of the US for the Card of the Month club.  I try to stick to a theme or holiday for the month ahead.  The first thing I thought about for August was the sun and the surf, the beach, so a perfect beach themed card was the way to go. 

I have done these Zindorf cards before.  I just love everything about them.  The water, the sand, the surf (brayered with ink) and the sand dollar (doodled by pen). My white gel pen wasn't working how I liked when adding highlights to the foamy water and the sand dollar, so I used a tiny brush and some white acrylic pant to add the brightness!

Along with the one creative greeting card w/envelope they also receive 2 gift tags each month.  Sometimes what's mailed out is all matchy, matchy.... or, I work along the theme and it's similar yet different.  So, why not? Flip flop gift tags to go along with the beach.  I made a template out of chip board and cut them on the fold. Added a mixed color for the strap and put a fun flower on top! I can't help but still call them thongs... so old school, don't you think?

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea

                                                                            ~Isak Dinesen



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin