Wednesday, February 09, 2011

My Valentine Book

Here are a couple of shots from my kid's Valentine's books.... I got fancier as they got older and I created the cover from computer images.
Just take a full sheet of paper, fold it in half, and then in half again, like you are making a card. The outside becomes the cover, the back is the back cover. I used maybe 6-8 sheets of paper, folding them all the same way. Then I or I should say, the kids chose the order they wanted the valentine's to be in the book and they used a glue stick to put them in the book.

Sometimes they decorated the page with doodles, or as part of some of the valentine's there were heart stickers or character stickers. Then I had my kids sign the book (I love to see their little handwriting) and we dated them. The "Book" can be stapled, just like the binding in a real book, or you can punch holes and thread a ribbon through or an O-ring. It's okay if some valentines stick out, and you want to be able to pull them up a bit to see who it's from if they are signed on the back.


Also, other ideas in a similar fashion are coupon books. Computer quarter sheet pages like... good for one hug, free dish washing etc.... and then one last thing..... using flowers.... make cute pens that don't have feet for walking. The kids did this in 3rd grade. Pop silk flowers off of bunches, use floral tape and cheap pens, wrap the tape... stick pens in a decorated vase...beans are the dirt. Email me if you have any questions!!!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin