Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Plowed under

- Patch work
-Before the storm

I really like the Sizzix top note punch.... and I like using scrap paper to make a quilt like background..... the little girly girl is a new idea from Stampin Bella.... something like pixie. This could be a valentine, or a thinking of you. Sparkle is on the heart, all glittered with stickles. Calm and mellow pinks. Just a touch of pink ribbon on an angle.

I took pictures yesterday before the big Blizzard of 2011 began. We had approximately 9" of snow on the ground. I tried to take a picture where there wasn't any 'extra' piles of snow. And I always like to take a picture of the mailbox to see how much snow build up there will be after the plow comes through.

It's 8:10 am.... the day of, or during the BLIZZARD of 2011. School was cancelled by 1 pm yesterday for today. Hubby brought his computer to work from home. and now....The snow is still falling, the wind is still really blowing and it's about 13 degrees out. Not sure when we'll get out to plow and shovel and snowblow.... the swirls of drifting snow engulf Bubba's car in the drive way. The covered patio set out in the back is completely blanketed. I look out the kitchen window and our neighbors utility door is covered with snow up to the door handle. I can't tell the difference between the end of the driveway and the street. It's kind of weird and fun all at the same time! Very thankful to still have power!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your card is so sweet! I love Sizzix dies! SMILE!

Glad you are all safe and sound! My hubby has to go to work today! We did not get word that school was off for today until almost 7pm last night :( This Blizzard is not fun! Stay warm, my friend!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin