Friday, January 27, 2012

Adding Texture

I will finish off my week of posts with a small collage of other things.  Two more pages from my ART Journal.  Hearts and flowers seem to be an easy theme to work with.  If I keep this up, adding texture to the book, it will be twice it's original thickness, is that a real problem?  

Right now in my 'studio' I only have 6 bottles of acrylic paint: blue, green, golden yellow, burgandy/red, white and black .... so all the pages have repeat colors smudged over them.  I've also been using water color crayons and I found in a drawer some oil pastel crayons from Crayola (I think I had to purchase them one year for the kids art class?) Also on my desk is Mod Podge, Gesso and a water dish.... I'm quickly running out of room.  You'll just have to come back and visit my blog to see how I mix my media in the up- coming weeks!

Sunny and blue skies today.  Love it! 

Year of SELF= S for smile.... :)

Although I have to tell myself it will make me feel better, when I walk the dogs and drive in the car, I turn the corners of my lips up.... to try and feel positive and happy...(I must look like a DORK?) despite the S for sadness I feel....I'm convincing myself or willing it to work!!

3 comments:

Cheryl Houston said...

I am LOVING you journal pages! So wonderful!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I am loving your pages! You are doing such a great job at mixing it up!

Pam said...

Did you get out and enjoy the great weather today? I took a 5 mile hike both yesterday and today at Chain O Lakes. Of course now my arthritis in my knees is speaking up, but it was worth it! I was thinking of those great trails in Sternes Woods this morning and how I can't wait to start riding my mountain bike again come spring.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin