Thursday, January 26, 2012

heART Journal

I'm practicing and cre8ting outside my comfort zone. 

I've had my ART Journal for almost 2 weeks and I have at least 7 entries of pages of mixed media. Here's the page I did yesterday, sticks to the Valentine Heart theme I've got going on the blog this week.

It's messy, you can draw outside the lines, you can add anything you want if the color fits.... or not .... too new at this, but from a distance, I like how my pages look.  But lucky for me, I've gotten great inspiration from Mixed Media Art Blogs... plus this month I'm taking part of visiting Jump Start Summit... a free online series of 30 artists and the way they Jump Start their art.....and they even have step by step video tutorials.... how to smear the ink, how to add a collage papers, craft pieces to incorporate, ideas how to start the layout and ideas that are sure to inspire. 

I, personally need that help because I don't feel comfortable doing this type of art.

Year of SELF: L= LIFE




I'm trying to find things around the house to give me texture and dimension since I don't have stencils and different brushes.  Here, the light blue is painted added to bubble wrap and stamped down on the paper.  After that dried, I ripped out a heart from an old story book and mod podged it down.... then added some acrylic paint, and outlined with a black pen.

Someones car didn't start... battery issues... maybe it's a "good thing" someone else is cre8ting from home!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it, you did a great job :) The colors and textures are wonderful! I just got cupcake stencils at M's in the dollar section to use!

Cheryl Houston said...

WOW! I love it! It looks great! Can't wait to see more!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin