Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What About Blogging?

The above picture is an extreme close up of our New Year's day brunch.  Off of Pinterest I found a scrumptious looking dish that used 8  Pillsbury crescent rolls, cheese, 5 scrambled eggs and 8 slices of bacon. Once it's baked you can top it with your choice, I used fresh salsa. It was very delicious!
Simple and to the point card. Cuttlebugged the pop out red with Swiss dots. Added a few score lines above and below the heart to give the card some definition. I really wanted to punch the heart on the bottom of the card, but it really depends on the orientation of the punch.... I never realized that before.  Unless you use die cuts where you can place it anywhere on the space.... you may be punch limited!


I started my blog on October 9th 2006.  Blogging was farely new.  At first (and I still do) think it's a great way to journal your day and practice writing skills.  Unless something happens to the World Wide Web, my pictures and stories, my joys and my sorrows are here FOREVER!!!

I recently read a great article (what's a magazine again??) here at the Inspired Room , titled "What I learned about Blogging".  Stay with me here, I found the article on FACEBOOK through a cyber friend (that's what I call someone who I never met in person, and most cases I just follow their blog, website etc.... ) This said friend pointed out that the author of the Inspired Room used some of her artwork she copied off Pinterest and didn't give her credit. Here in lies the problem.... it's so easy to COPY or CASe off the internet.  Yes, all artists should give credit where credit is due, but when it's copied from a blog to another blog and then to Pinterest, some things get lost in translation......

This is just a tease of my point and what the article said.  I will continue this topic on tomorrows post, so as not to bore you to death with a long post. Something to think about until then, why do people blog? 

Come on back and visit me again, when I tell you the rest of the story!

1 comment:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Just so you know the story behind that, there was a credit link directly under the art, but it inadvertently was linked to the Pinterest source which was incorrect.

I realized my mistake (that was certainly my fault, I was blogging late at night and didn't check carefully to make sure I had it right) and then I updated the post with the link directly to the artist, promoted the artist and my mistake on Facebook and personally emailed her to let her know of my blunder.

She understood completely what happened and also mentioned that she realized how important it is that if you are an artist that wants credit for a photo or piece of art (as they should!), it is really important to watermark your photos so it is easier to find the source of a photo once it has traveled the internet. Lesson learned for both of us.

I just didn't want you to think I was intentionally leaving her credit link off, it was definitely my intent to promote her work as it is amazing.

:-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin