Friday, January 06, 2012

Journaling Art

I'm working a theme here! New Year, new ideas! 

I signed up for a few different FREE classes on line.  One is Organization for the entire year... all classes give you ideas you may have forgotten about and help you get back or stay on track. 

Another FREE class is to help Jump Start Creativity!!! As I've been writing about in my posts this week.... it's amazing what you find by clicking on a link on someone's blog, it's mind boggling (especially if you have the time) where it will take you.  Today it's about Journaling..... above are just a few (?) notebooks that I either have made or hoarded over the years. I love my fuzzy ribbon.
Loose art, hmmm.... these are rejects. 

If the style looks familiar it is Zindorf . I like to 'get it' on the first try, but sometimes I don't and these bits and pieces approx. 4"H x 5"W didn't quite make it.  Would the 'average' eye know? REJECTS.... but now learning a bit about journaling and collage work.... maybe that pile can be incorporated in some other way!
My SMASH book of course is CASed. 

It is just a typical black covered notebook I found at Target during school supply sales for $0.40. K &Company has created this notebook for you to SMASH all your ideas in one place.... so it's a glorified notebook or real 'scrap' book.  I tabbed off sections and have one area for books, book club etc...one are for ideas from Pinterest, one area for ideas for short stories I want to write, and the last area for just general thoughts or plans for a day.

The book on the right is a pad of paper I rediscovered... thinking I might use as an official ART Journal for 2012....again.... something that has moved with me since my college days.
Inside some of my notebooks, or ART Journals....

I have sketches for cards, actual pictures of cards I made and scanned for future reference, a tiny note book for passwords and user names... and another sketchbook with dimensions of cards.  Let me tell you, it is sometimes very hard to find things, knowing I actually put it in a notebook...... somewhere.....
I guess you could call this a scrapbook ART Journal....

Words and pictures and scraps of paper and numbers and doodles.... it was a 21 day project I worked on in 2010. Again, a class I found on line, for FREE!  It is a very colorful and happy art book.  I found the blank notebook at Goodwill for $0.99.
Extra doodles here in this photo that have been yet to be utilized on a card.

... so many, they measure about 4" deep.  That's a lot of drawing and doodling.  (*technology, I think it is amazing that not 15 minutes ago... I took these pictures, uploaded them to my computer and then downloaded them on a blog that I am currently writing and getting ready to hit send... for the entire world haha to see)

So in my journey to find new ways to be creative this year.... I may just seek out some of my old ideas and incorporate them with the Jump Start Summit webinar I'm following.  Maybe all along.... I have been keeping an ART Journal.....in 15 different places!

I am so excited about learning about ART Journaling... I can't wait to explore all the possibilities.... all Jump Started from some blog posts.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin