Thursday, January 05, 2012

The Conclusion

(fuzzy bear is a little fuzzy in this picture)
I am very interested in all forms of Art. Above is a book that I designed and created in college.  I mentioned to someone that I would post a picture of my 'old' Art journal.  Sadly, I need to find a new one to draw and doodle in, my old book is a great memory of my college days, but it is not conducive to what I think MY art journal should be.

I love the fact that when I visit different blogs I learn so much.  As I ended my post yesterday, I was talking about how blogging has changed.  I started my blog over 5 years ago after our move here to Illinois.  I thought it would be a good way to journal the days events, inside and out.

You can link up to blogs when a poster refers you to a site or place they've been. You can find a blog doing a Google search or through Facebook.  All you have to do is click on their link (often highlighted in another color, or underlined when you hover your mouse over it) and it takes you automatically to a new place. Once inside that blog, you can link to another site, and so on and so on.... and hours later.... you wonder where the time has gone.

In referencing the post yesterday, I mentioned the Inspired Room.... I thought she had a great article about how blogging has changed.  I could relate to so many things she mentioned.... and so many things her commenter's mentioned.  I visited blogs for a few reasons: one I had extra time on my hands being a stay at home mom and 2. because I felt I could relate to the writer who just chatted away about their day, their children, their craft project, a recipe, how to organize a closet.... the list is endless (and maybe mindless) to all the different kinds of blogs I used to go to out there.

Then I too saw a shift in blogs, people started giving away prizes (to draw in more readers) , there were little icons that told you who was visiting and where they were coming from, there were visitor counters, there were blog hops and there were conventions for bloggers.  html, java script, add a gadget....Terms I sure no one heard of 6 or 7 years ago...I started to feel my (3) little blogs were boring and ho hum (actually more than three if you count the Christmas one.... go to the left column and you can click on the pictures that will take you to  my other DIFFERENT than this one, blog) , I needed to FIND exciting things to write about, I needed to have sponsors, I needed more people to comment on what I was doing....some validation that I was interesting.... but you know what.... today it's okay that I have few to none comments to my blog.... less to keep track of.  I appreciate that my MIL and Dad & Mom visit to see what is happening in our home. That was the main point of starting my blog. Every once in a while a friend or neighbor finds out a little tid bit of something they never knew and that's cool too.

I try to reference as best I can where I CASe (copy and share {steal} everything).  Like I said a few days ago in a post about digital cameras and technology..... I can't even imagine where computers will take us in another 5 years! Blogging is a very interesting communicative tool, hopefully it will be used in a positive way in the future.

 Before
and after..... Sissy got her braces off today.  Look at that smile, so bright!:)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin